A man holds a U.S. flag while receiving his proof of U.S. citizenship during a ceremony in San Francisco, California January 30, 2013. President Barack Obama said on Wednesday that he believes it is possible to get an overhaul of the U.S. immigration system certainly by the end of the year if not the first half of 2013.  REUTERS/Robert Galbraith  (UNITED STATES - Tags: POLITICS SOCIETY IMMIGRATION) - RTR3D698


Under employment based greencard, there are several different category under which one may qualify for the Permanent Residency.  The categories are EB-2, EB-3, etc.  In general, a skilled worker with two years of experience may qualify under the EB-3 category.  The are three steps in order for one to obtain Green card through Employment.

  1. Labor Certification through PERM
  2. I-140, Immigrant petition for Alien Worker
  3. I-485, Green card application process

Call Today to Speak with an Immigration Lawyer