Employment Based Green Card
Under employment based greencard, there are several different category under which one may qualify for the Permanent Residency. The categories are EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 etc. In general, a skilled worker with two years of experience may qualify under the EB-3 category.
• Employment First Preference (EB1): Priority Workers
• Employment Second Preference (EB2): Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability
• Employment Third Preference (EB3): Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers (Other Workers)
• Employment Fourth Preference (EB4): Certain Special Immigrants
• Employment Fifth Preference (EB5): Immigrant Investors
The are three steps in order for one to obtain Green card through Employment.
- Labor Certification through PERM
- I-140, Immigrant petition for Alien Worker
- I-485, Green card application process